Monday, October 12, 2020

Exact Measurement

My critique went very well. I received lots of feedback on where else I can draw inspiration from, as well as advice on how to make my print and ceramic styles more cohesive. I got the idea to use a white stoneware rather than a terracotta, in order to make my colors appear brighter on my ceramic pieces. I was also given inspiration to experiment with paper clay to bring in printmaking elements to my work. In printmaking, rather than printing in a gradient, I want to experiment will cell coloring and doing  CMYK process of screen printing. 

This week, I have been working on making my measurements of my drawings more exact- 45 degree angles, using a ruler and a protractor to determine where each line would go mathematically. While I enjoy the uneven "doodle" style of my pieces, I really would like to see them as more mathematical, just to see which style works best.





No comments:

Post a Comment