Monday, September 21, 2020

Progress

 The past few weeks I've been busy creating stencils and sketches for functional printmaking projects, as well as pondering what to make next in ceramics. My goal this semester is to bring these two mediums together in having the same style.

The stencils I have been working on for printmaking include an envelope, matchbox, sunglasses case, and a pencil case. These each have patterns that have made an appearance on some of my ceramic pieces. The two pieces that I am making out of leather and fabric will have cast aluminum buttons, which I recently learned to make on Saturday this week. The process was simpler than I thought, and the mold for the pour was made of tightly packed green clay and sand, and the aluminum took about 15 minutes to become its liquid state.






No comments:

Post a Comment